[Support request] Featured page image in WhatsApp but not in the actual page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured page image in WhatsApp but not in the actual page

Home Forums Support Featured page image in WhatsApp but not in the actual page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carlos

I have a simple student enrollment page using GP.

I want to add a featured image to be displayed when we paste the URL in WhatsApp but not to be displayed in the actual page rendered by the browser. Is it possible to hide the featured image of just one page?

Please help

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carlos,

Yes, you could use css to hide the featured image, the CSS would be something like this:

.page-id-xxxx .featured-image {
        display: none;
    }

You’ll be able to find the page id if you open the page in chrome > right click > inspect, it will open the developer tool of chrome, then you can find the page id number in body classes:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/osti4kQu

Carlos

Thank you, Ying.

I placed the code under Appearance > Simple CSS. Is that the right place?

The image is not being rendered in the browser nor WhatsApp. Only our logo in WhatsApp. Do you think it is possible to make it appear in WhatsApp?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using any SEO plugins for your site?
    As they generally provide Open Graph meta which is what Facebook and WhatsApp will use when it comes to sharing content.

Carlos

Yes, I use Yoast and have no issues with other URLs.

Remember. What I want is to display the featured image in WhatsApp and not in the browser. Apparently, the lines of code suggested by Ying hides the featured image in both.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yoast should manage the Open Graph meta for that image to be displayed it also applies to WhatsApp – see here:

https://yoast.com/social-previews-yoast-seo-premium/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.