[Resolved] Featured Images not resizing correctly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Images not resizing correctly

Home Forums Support Featured Images not resizing correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hey Team, I’m using GP Premium on 2 websites that I want to look similar but one of the websites will not stretch the featured images across the entire page, instead, it displays the actual size of the image (848 x 565) which takes a lot of real estate from the top of the fold in pages and posts. I looked at all the settings in site A which is fine and compared them to site B but I can’t find the solution.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like that’s as big as the image is. If you stretch it, it will lose quality.

Are you wanting it to span the width of the entire screen or only the width of the site container?

Joe

Hi Tom,

I want it to look exactly like the other site which is using the same image. It basically spans the width of the screen, just like the Artisan demo website. Not a stretch, which I previously said but more of a fill.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not able to see the other site but it sounds like maybe you want to set it as a background image in a Page Hero: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

If the Header Element will have no content (image background only), be sure to add an HTML comment in the content area:

<!-- page hero -->

And give it top/bottom padding so it has a set height.

Joe

Thanks, Tom. That was it!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.