[Resolved] Featured Images Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Images Issue

Home Forums Support Featured Images Issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with how featured images display on my blog page. I have a featured image set on the post, and have it disabled. The problem is that it still shows on my blog page with my post excerpts. I would like to turn it off there or change the way the image/text appears so that it doesn’t display the featured image as well as the image at the top of the post.

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can disable/change the featured image dimensions in Customize > Layout > Blog: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Mike

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. I think I muse be missing something. The only thing I’m finding in Customize>Layout>Blog is the option to display full posts or excerpt on the blog page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Make sure the Blog module is activated in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Mike

Facepalm.

Thanks Tom for the fast reply. I recommend Generatepress to everybody I talk to!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Max

Aaah, speaking of featured images while we’re still on topic. Can you suggest a good general featured image size (dimensions) that I can give to my graphics guy so he can create some featured images for a site I’m doing with GP Premium?

I notice that other themes usually have an image size section in their documentation for featured images, headers/hero images, sliders, etc. so everything looks nice. But I did not see any such info for GPP. Or, is not applicable at all? Please advice.

I’m confused because I don’t want my graphics guy to give me pics with incorrect dimensions that won’t go well with GPP. πŸ˜‰
    If there’s a link, please point me to it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question?

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.