[Resolved] Featured images in Page Hero for Woocommerce Categories

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured images in Page Hero for Woocommerce Categories

Home Forums Support Featured images in Page Hero for Woocommerce Categories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Generatepress allows creating Page Hero for Woocommerce Categories (using Display Rules). The problem is I would like to use as a background image the “Featured Image” option, but Woocommerce Product Categories don’t use Featured Image, but Thumbnails instead. There is any chance to assign in Page Hero these thumbnails I use in Woocommerce Product Categories instead Featured Images? I would like to do not use Custom Images.
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try the function provided here:

https://gist.github.com/diggeddy/6478d0b724bf6c5d680e9f0dd25e720c

Marcel

Thank you so much, David. It works.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help

Marcel

Hello David
    How could I set up the featured image size for this case? Right now it is a little blurred. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That function gets the original image attachment so should be the largest size available…. can you provide me a link to a page where i can see the issue?

Marcel

Thank you for the clarification! I checked up what is happening on my website and discovered that Smush Pro plugin automatically resized all images with the sizes I set on the plugin settings. So this was the reason my images were blurred. Thanks again for your fantastic support!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Marcel

Hello David,

After one year I come back here with 2 more questions:
    1. How to hide the default title of the product category, as long as I used {{post_title}} on the header element I have created;
    2. How could I add under the page hero Featured Image an element with a rich category description, included images?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic – it will make it easier for you and others to fund the answers in the future.

Marcel

Sure.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.