[Resolved] Featured images are different on posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured images are different on posts

Home Forums Support Featured images are different on posts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mariel

All of my posts show a different featured image. You can scroll through my posts and almost all of their featured images are identical even though I have set them all to a different one.

Mariel

I believe it’s not a caching issue? Not sure but the issue is the same on mobile.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Am I looking on the home page? I’m not seeing any duplicate images.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Mariel

Hi Tom, if you would kindly look into the posts in this category

On that category page you will see their designated featured images but if you open each one, they show a different featured image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s because you have a Page Header added to your single posts. As of right now, the Page Header actually replaces the featured image.

We’re improving this in GPP 1.7.

Would you like some PHP to manually hook the featured image back into the single post even though the Page Header exists?

Mariel

Hmm, it looks like the featured images are different each time I load different posts. My page header setting is only for the size of the image and title, not an actual image. This is not the case maybe 2 days ago, though. How do I make it to normal through PHP?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Where would you want the featured image to display? Under the Page Header?

Mariel

Same as this.
    Under the header but inside the post as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I think I understand now.

If you open your Page Header settings for the one you have set to single posts, is there a featured image uploaded?

If so, it will always show that one image instead of using the image from the post being viewed.

Mariel

There is no image uploaded in my Page Header settings.

What happens is when I load, let’s say Post #1 and then go to Post #2, the featured image on Post #1 is the one that shows on Post #2. And sometimes, it’s just random images.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mariel,

I think Tom was referring to the Featured Image meta as opposed to the Choose Image within the Page Header

FeaturedImage

, can you confirm?

Mariel

Yes, there is no picture uploaded in there as well as on the settings.
    All the featured images showing on all of my posts are random (not just one photo) and not the one I’ve set at all.

If you just look into 5 of my posts, you will see what I mean.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, all of your settings look good.

Any chance you can disable your caching plugin? Any change?

If not, can you disable your other plugins one by one to check for plugin conflicts?

Paul

Tom,

You wrote

Would you like some PHP to manually hook the featured image back into the single post even though the Page Header exists?

Yes, I would. I’d like to have each post’s featured image show below the post title & meta when I’m using a specific Page Header designed for single posts.

Thanks,
    Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.