[Resolved] featured image stuck on the left? (and another question)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] featured image stuck on the left? (and another question)

Home Forums Support featured image stuck on the left? (and another question)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kryspin Gumiela

Tom, thanks for making such a powerful theme. Purchased all the add-ons and am loving the investment!

Your support is great and I usually have all my questions answered by just reading through the forums, but I can’t seem to figure out the solution to the following things (I’m not familiar with code):

1) My featured image within the post is squished to the left of the page to the point that it cuts off. Though it doesn’t extend the full width of the page, it’s pushing my right sidebar down as if it was.

I tried different pics, sizes, and tried quite a few things in the “customize” section but nothing seems to work. This doesn’t happen in the index, just in the actual posts.

It’s worth mentioning this happened recently and wasn’t like this before. Can’t pinpoint if I did anything to cause this because I’ve just been making new pages is all.

2) I’d like to disable the secondary menu on my blog index. Checking the box in the “disable section” doesn’t seem to do it for me?

Look forward to your response.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme!

1. Can you link me to a page where this is happening?

2. Give this CSS a try:

.blog .secondary-navigation {
          display: none;
    }
    Kryspin Gumiela

The CSS worked beautifully thank you!

Here’s the link

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you have a lot of padding to the left of your content, but none in your page header.

Would centering your page header work for you? Or do you want it to align with your content?

Kryspin Gumiela

Hm I rather it align with the content.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any reason you have so much padding to the left of your content? If we move the page header over to align with the content, it won’t align with the logo/nav.

If you remove the left padding, then all of these elements will align.

Kryspin Gumiela

It looked a little easier to read with the padding and I never thought to change it because it worked before.

Beggars can’t be choosers so I changed it to 40 again, but can’t say I see a difference.

bdbrown

Hi Kryspin. Here’s something you might try for positioning your sidebar. It’s not perfect as the sidebar gets pretty narrow just before the mobile css is applied, but it’s pretty close. To add this css you should use a child theme or a plugin. See this KB article for more info.

/* when not in mobile css */
    @media (min-width: 769px) {
      /* remove padding to allow sidebar to move up */
      aside#text-2 {
        padding-top: 0;
      }
      /* position sidebar next to content */
      #right-sidebar {
        float: left;
        width: 25%;
        position: absolute;
        top: 220px;
        right: 100px;
      }
    }

/* as viewport narrows */
    @media (max-width: 1100px) {
      /* move sidebar right to allow more room */
      #right-sidebar {
        right: 0;
      }
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In this case, it may be better to just give the page header area some padding:

.generate-page-header {
        box-sizing: border-box;
        padding: 0 40px;
    }
    Kryspin Gumiela

Thanks for sticking with me guys.

dbbrown, tried your advice but it affects my blog index to the point it cuts strongly into my footer.

Tom, your css works in terms of shifting the image, but doesn’t resolve the sidebar being pushed down.

Any other ideas? If not then I think I’ll just disable the sidebar for the blog posts.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ahh, have you tried moving the page header into your content?

Go to “Customize > Page Header” and set the “Single Post Header Position” to “Inside Content Area”.

Does that achieve the look you’re hoping for?

Kryspin Gumiela

Yes it did! Consider this issue resolved.

The lesson in this for me is to be more mindful of the changes I make.

Thank you for all your patience and help!

Best,

Kryspin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.