Home Forums Support Featured Image Size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alw

I am using a featured image that was uploaded as 990×180, but my Container Width is set to 1100px. Using v0.5 of Generate-Page-Header my featured image displayed at 1100x200px, as I wanted.
    But after upgrading to v1.1 of Generate-Page-Header, it is forced to 990px wide with the inclusion of width=”990″ in the HTML.
    I have restored v0.5 of Generate-Page-Header for now, but can I get the featured image width to be the same as the Container Width using v1.1?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You may need to enable hard crop and set the width to 1100px.

Resizing up like this will result in quality loss, so I always suggest using a larger image and resizing down.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

alw

Resizing images can always result in quality loss, but with v0.5 this was barely noticeable.
    I already have “Crop thumbnail to exact dimensions (normally thumbnails are proportional)” in Media Settings checked — this applies to all images in the Library.
    My concern was that something changed between v0.5 and v1.1 of Generate-Page-Header:
    With v0.5, the tag is:
    img src=”http://xxxxxxxx.jpg” width=”1200″ height=”300″ alt=”” /,
    but with v1.1 it is
    img src=”http://xxxxxxxx.jpg” width=”990″ height alt=”” /.

(The actual image as uploaded is 990×180, and my container width is set to 1100)

alw

Sorry about the last posting — I included unencoded HTML tags!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We changed the resizing script between those two versions to a much better one, so it’s definitely not out of the question that something changed.

When you set hard crop to 1200 width in the new version, does your image stay at 990?

Harry

Tom,

Image and content I add in the Page Header are not saving without any error. Am I doing something wrong? I am able to add the feature image fine.

Let me know if there is any adjustment that I need to make .

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird, sometimes metaboxes won’t save when there was a page template set that no longer exists.

Go to “Pages” and look for the problem page.

Click “Quick Edit”, and set the “Template” to “Default Template”.

That may fix it.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.