[Resolved] featured image / sidebar issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] featured image / sidebar issue

Home Forums Support featured image / sidebar issue

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sparkle

my content uses featured images on pages and posts. i only want the featured image above the main content, and not the sidebars. i used the following css to adjust the image size and move it to the left.

.page .generate-page-header img {
    text-align: left; float: left; width: 48.7%;
    }

but the sidebars are still level with the top of the content, instead of next to the featured image.

is this possible?

eta, i also noticed on one of my pages this adjustment has sent the sidebar elements to below the page content. (see /gathering–logistics) why?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Setting it to Above Title should work: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

If you set it above content then it will be above content and sidebar.

sparkle

ah, but it’s inside the page container. i was hoping for it to be above it. thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try this PHP:

add_action( 'wp', 'tu_move_featured_image', 60 );
    function tu_move_featured_image() {
        remove_action( 'generate_before_content', 'generate_blog_single_featured_image' );
        add_action( 'generate_before_main_content', 'generate_blog_single_featured_image' );
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

sparkle

woohoo! that’s just what i wanted. thank you!

i also figured out that a too-wide image set to full width on the /gathering-logistics page was pushing down the sidebars.

thanks again for such an awesome theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

sparkle

hi. i’m back! πŸ™‚

we have changed our design from 2 sidebar layout to a 1 sidebar layout.

now i’m wondering if there’s a way to make the featured image responsive so on wider screens there’s not a gap between our featured images and our sidebar? also on smaller screens, the featured image stays behind the widgets instead of getting smaller.

as long as i’m asking for the moon and stars is it possible to move the title of the page up onto the featured image?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm featured images are responsive by default.

The problem is that the image isn’t wide enough to fill the container: http://www.screencast.com/t/dYaap1u1Byq

And when you resize the browser down, the size of the image does get smaller: http://www.screencast.com/t/sGEH6kmuW

sparkle

got it. thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.