[Resolved] Featured Image Question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Image Question

Home Forums Support Featured Image Question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sonja

Hello,

on my Homepage, the featured image from first post is 1024 x 576. But all the other feature images are 300 x 169.
    Why are they not all the same?

And where is the setting, to make them 300 x 169?

I have looked in the customizer under Layout / Blog, and there the size is set to “medium”. But I don´t´t really know what that means. Can you please explain?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i just checked the site and all images are being displayed at 300px.
    If you have selected the Medium attachment size in Customizer > Layout > Blog – then it uses the 300px wide src-set image – the height is based on the original image size ratio

Sonja

Hi David,

hmm, thats weird. If i check now, then all the images have the 300 px. But as i open this topic, the first post was 1024 original size.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like it could be a caching issue as I see you are using WP Rocket.

Please make sure to do this when you have a topic opened:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/SPYUKSoMCGr

Sonja

I have looked again to this and the first image was again 1024 px. After 3 minutes i looked again, and the image was 300 px. Very strange.

Leo, you can bypass the wp rocket cache, by adding ?nowprocket on any URL. If i do this, the image is 300 px at the moment. But it is also on normal view with wp rocket 300 at the moment.

Anyway, if it is only the first image, i can live with this problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I checked again with and without the WP Rocket cache and all images are still only 300px wide. Theres a possibility that you were seeing the larger image whilst logged in as the larger image was already cached in your browser.

Sonja

Hi David,

No, I was not logged in as i looked today. Yesterday, I was logged in.

But as i said, since it seems that this happens with only the first pic, it is not a big problem. And when I am looking now, i have also all pics with 300 px.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Bit of mystery that one…. but glad to hear its working correctly.

Sonja

yes, it is a bit weird.

But i have forgot: thanks David, for explaining the settings for the size for this pictures.

I always struggle to understand, how these images works because they can have settings in wp backend media, customizer and css as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.