[Support request] Featured Image/Post Title (Dynamic Content) in Blocks Element?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured Image/Post Title (Dynamic Content) in Blocks Element?

Home Forums Support Featured Image/Post Title (Dynamic Content) in Blocks Element?

• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Elvin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Chad

I started trying to create a post header that would be a simple featured image, large, across the top — with the post title centered over it and a gradient overlay to darken the background for contrast with the title.

Pretty standard stuff. Except I’m guessing there isn’t a way to use featured image/post title in the block-based elements yet?

Asking before I start spending a ton of time digging around for a solution.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

today you will need to use a Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

In the next update we will be adding Dynamic content in the Block Element.

Joel

Hello, sorry to jump in on this thread…I’m trying to work out how to do headers for a new website and would love to use the Block Element but I need to pull in dynamic content – do you know roughly when the next update is going to be? If it’s a matter of weeks I may hold off but if it’s more likely to be months then I’ll need to work out a way of doing it with the header element.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We’re aiming to release the Pro version within a matter of hours 🙂 No obstacles at this time, but if there is a delay it won’t be weeks or months, just a matter of days

Joel

Ah great, I’ll keep my eye out!

Thanks David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Joel

Hello, great to see that GenerateBlocks Pro is released! I’ve had a look at the details and I can’t see any mention of being able to pull through dynamic content in the Block Element. Can you just confirm it is definitely available before I purchase? Apologies if I’m missing something obvious!

Thanks again.

Chad

I purchased it and don’t see where a container could use a dynamic field such as featured image as a background — unless I’m blind (I could be). 😉

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Dynamic Content, as per the original topic, will be added to the Block Element in the next GP Premium update.

For GB Pro – its still early days, and the initial release sets the foundations for the next set of updates. How and when Dynamic content will be included has not been defined yet, but is definitely something we’re looking into.

Joel

Thanks David, apologies for any confusion, it sounds like it’s the next GP Premium update I need then, do you know when that’s likely to be released?

Thanks again

(And thanks Chad for your reply)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Current target is early / mid February.

Joel

Thanks David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Thomas

Sorry to bump this old topic, but did this feature ever get released for GP Pro or GB Pro?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry to bump this old topic, but did this feature ever get released for GP Pro or GB Pro?

Please see this. 🙂
    https://generatepress.com/introducing-the-gp-theme-builder/

Note: It’s in alpha version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.