- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by Tom.
April 23, 2015 at 10:04 am #101623Carlos Paramio
I have set Page Header/Image + Page Header/Link (pointing to the larger version of the same image) as Featured Image for the excerpts.
Now I would like that when visitors click on that Featured Image, it opens the complete post when they’re viewing the excerpt and opening the complete image when they’re reading the post.
By the way: can you recomend me a (light) plugin to open the image? I have tried NextGEN Gallery but I think it is more focused to build galleries of several images, not a single one.
ThanksApril 23, 2015 at 2:21 pm #101684TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hmm, tough one.. Let’s see if it’s possible..
1. Add a new post – set the “Featured Image” – this will be the image in the excerpt that links to the post.
2. Add your page header with the link to the full image. – this will be your featured image on the single post page.
As for opening it in a lightbox, you could try using Jetpack’s “Carousel” module, but I’m not sure if it lets you choose which images to open in a lightbox.
Worth a try – let me know how it goes 🙂April 28, 2015 at 11:39 am #103382Carlos Paramio
Tough one?? That worked perfectly!! It’s so simple that not anybody could have come with such solution.
Sadly, the page header with the link to the full image isn’t detected or modified by lightbox plugins, so it keeps opening in a new window.
So, I have taken a couple of days to look for other solutions and finally have decided the easiest and fastest way for me to achieve it (for the record):
– setting a “Featured Image” for the excerpt
– adding CSS founded in this forum to hide that Featured Image in the complete post
– adding the same image along with the normal content of the post
– linking that image with the full size image, it gets “lightboxed” automatically if you have “WP Lightbox 2” or “Lightbox Plus Colorbox” plugins installed and activated (ad probably others, but not all)
Thanks for your help!April 28, 2015 at 10:39 pm #103554
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.