[Resolved] Featured Image Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Image Issue

Home Forums Support Featured Image Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi GP Team,

I noticed today that the featured images for all of my posts published since May are not right. Those published before that time are fine and have the correct dimensions and so I cannot work out why the recent posts look like this. It is especially noticeable on a mobile device.

I haven’t made any changes to the settings recently – at least to my knowledge – so I am a bit puzzled by this development.

Could you take a look and see why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Rob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Featured Images – are you using any custom Width or Height for the archive images?

Rob

Hi David,

Yes, it is set for 800 x 530, which is also the size I import the images. As I mentioned, earlier posts (70% of the total) all remain fine, it’s just the most recent five posted over the last month.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob

Hi David,

I removed the custom size settings and the problem is now resolved. Seems strange that this only affected a handful of posts though. Does this mean that setting a custom-sized featured image no longer works with WordPress?

Rob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Old GPP used an on the fly image re-sizer. But then we saw that it was effecting a very small group of users servers:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/image-processing-queue-transient-bug/

So we implemented this new method:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-image-sizes/

It seems the updated version has the odd hiccup if the site already had custom width and height settings. Removing them fixes that.

Now you should now be able to set the custom sizes again.

Rob

Excellent. Thank you, David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.