[Resolved] Featured image in Elements Header displays with more height than other pages

Home Forums Support Featured image in Elements Header displays with more height than other pages

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Deborah

I have headers created in Elements to display a Featured Image as the background image on pages.

I created a new page by duplicating an existing published page on the website.
    Added content to the page.
    Set Featured Image, the image has the same physical dimensions as other Featured Images on published pages.

However, the new page displays with a Featured Image of more vertical height than the published pages.

I’ve checked exclusions in Elements. I’m not finding any issue. The page that’s not displaying correctly was copied from the Evaluation page on the main navigation.

Not sure what I’m missing?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The size of the header element is controlled by the top and bottom padding options:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/#step-4-set-the-height

Does that help?

If not can you tell which page hero I should be compared with the Evaluation page?

Deborah

Thank you for the quick response, Leo.

Yes, I know the size of the header element is controlled by the top and bottom padding options.

The page that’s not displaying the Featured Image correctly is using the same Element header as the Evaluation page. As well as all other pages, except the home page and blog post (News) page.

All the pages using that Element header are displaying the Featured Image correctly.

In my initial support request, I included the URL for the page that’s not displaying correctly. It’s currently in draft mode, but I made it viewable with Public Post Preview plugin.

I’m not seeing an option to add the URL privately in forum responses.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So I’m comparing Carbon Capture and Utilization Research Map with Evaluation?

If so the difference is due to the content height – Carbon Capture and Utilization Research Map is split in two lines as it’s too long.

Deborah

Aha! Silly me. Thank you, Leo.

Sorry for taking up your time tonight.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.