[Resolved] featured image from facebook embeds

Home Forums Support [Resolved] featured image from facebook embeds

Home Forums Support featured image from facebook embeds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nikos

hi everybody,
    i read in the forum here, someways, to auto get the first photo in the post and make it the featured image of the post. do you have a clue if we embed a facebook post, with a photo inside, how we could get this photo and set it automatically as the featured image of the post?
    thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The theme itself cannot control this.

You will need to use an SEO plugin like Yoast or Rankmath then you can set a photo for each post/page to be displayed when sharing on social media.

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Nikos

hmmm maybe i wrote it in a wrong way πŸ™‚ but i don’t want to post to facebook πŸ™‚
    i want the opposite πŸ™‚ to bring posts from facebook to my wordpress page πŸ™‚
    the problem is that the facebook post, which has a photo usually inside it, when i insert it inside my wordpress, as a new post, has no featured photo. yes i can put it manually but i ask if there is an automatic way to do this πŸ™‚
    thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Nikos

i corrected my reply πŸ™‚ i missread it πŸ™‚ please read above πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t believe there is an automatic way to do that. Something you will likely need to check with Facebook’s support as the theme itself cannot control this.

Nikos

yes i know the theme cannot control that, but sometimes, in similar problems, dave or tom gave some .. magical snippet solutions πŸ™‚ that is why i thought to write here πŸ™‚
    thanks anyway !!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.