[Support request] Featured Image Custom URL

Home Forums Support [Support request] Featured Image Custom URL

Home Forums Support Featured Image Custom URL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi Tom,

I believe this is a restriction of WordPress and not specifically GP but is there anyway to get the featured image of a post to point to a custom URL.

I tried entering a URL into the ‘Custom URL’ field when adding the featured image but it didn’t work, I believe it only works for images embedded in the post?.

Basically, when someone clicks the featured image thumbnail on the blog page I’d want it to open the full post as normal and then when they clicked on the full size featured image it would take them to the custom URL.

Do you know if this is possible?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andy,

One thing you can try is to insert the image as a static image with the custom link at the top of the content then use the read more tag so it shows in excerpt: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-more-tag/

Andy

Hmmm, I would prefer people to be able to just click the featured image to be taken to the full post though.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh sorry missed that part ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmm you can try inserting the same image twice, one as the featured image and the other as a static image with a link, then hide the actual featured image on single post with this CSS?

.page-header-image-single {
        display: none;
    }
    Andy

Yeh thanks that might work ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.