[Resolved] Featured Image appears greyed out in Admin Section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured Image appears greyed out in Admin Section

Home Forums Support Featured Image appears greyed out in Admin Section

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alan

I just regenerated thumbnails (using Regenerate Thumbnails plugin) and now on at least a couple of Custom Posts (but not all), the featured image is greyed out in the Classic Editor admin section. I have tried to update and remove the image a number of times to no avail. You can see an example here https://savacaystage.wpengine.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=56669&action=edit. Any suggestions on how to resolve would be appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Alan

I did that and the featured image is still greyed out…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is this a Custom Post type ? If so have you included support for thumbnails and the Rest API ( if using Block Editor ) in its setup?

Alan

David:

This is a CPT and it was set up many years ago. I only use the Classic Editor. The only thing that has changed recently (last couple of days) is that I updated to the latest version of WP and regenerated thumbnails with the intent of adding image sizes according to theme’s documentation. I added the below code via a snippet. Not sure if this is related…

add_action( 'init', function() {
        add_image_size( 'my-archive-featured-image', 300, 200, true ); // 300 width, 200 height, crop

add_image_size( 'my-single-featured-image', 720, 48 );
    } );
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try removing the code and test?

If that doesn’t work, what if you use a twenty series default theme?

I don’t think GP can cause this issue.

Alan

I solved the problem by reverting to a backup copy of the site prior to regenerating thumbnails.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.