[Resolved] Feature request: Multisite compatibility

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Feature request: Multisite compatibility

Home Forums Support Feature request: Multisite compatibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pete

I’d really, really, really like to see all the GP add-ons, especially Elements, have the option to be multisite compatible. By that I mean the superadmin can control all the theme options and add-ons for all the sites

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

All of the modules are single site-specific, so I’m not sure how they’d be controlled inside the network admin area. Since the options apply to each sub-site, you’d need to login to each sub-site as a super admin to control the options.

Let me know if that makes sense or not 🙂

Pete

Yeah it does. What if we could transfer all the add-on settings to PHP and store them in a child theme functions.php?

That way we could apply the settings to all sites?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I mentioned a possible solution to that here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/is-there-anyway-to-apply-one-gp-premium-site-settings-to-all-other-multisite/#post-754899

Basically, those filters bypass the options set in the Customizer and allow you to set them via PHP.

Pete

I was hoping you could add it as a feature. Quite a few of the other top free plugins have the option to export to PHP to allow us to paste it into our functions.php

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll definitely keep it in mind, but it likely won’t happen within the next few major releases.

Pete

Thanks Tom, I’ve got next to no coding skills so filtering blows my mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.