[Resolved] Feature Photo showing twice

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Feature Photo showing twice

Home Forums Support Feature Photo showing twice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hello, Ive created a blog post that contains a few photos. On my blog feed on my homepage, the article preview does not show any a photo or thumbnail. So I chose a ‘featured photo’. Now the blog post preview does show a photo thumbnail (which I want)…. however when I click to read the full post now I see the featured photo at the top, then the same photo underneath.

In other words, if I choose the featured photo as the first photo in my blog post its just showing them twice. Is there another way I should enable a photo thumbnail on my blog post?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Adam

hi yes!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Adam

Hi Leo, thanks for the link but which setting in blog layout do I need to toggle on or off?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leo, thanks for the link but which setting in blog layout do I need to toggle on or off?

On blog setting’s “Single” tab, you can uncheck the “Display Featured Images’
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuK29LG

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Adam

I dont think that is what I am looking for, when I uncheck the “display featured images’ it completely removes the featured image from my post preview. I want the featured image displayed. What I am trying to remove is the featured image when I open the blog post.

For example, say I have one image in my blog post. I choose it as the featured image. Now when I click the article it shows the same image twice (once at the top or beginning of the article and again where I have it embedded into the post).

Is there a feature to only show the feature image in blog previews? I don’t want it showing again in the actual post, because the image is already in the post.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I dont think that is what I am looking for, when I uncheck the “display featured images’ it completely removes the featured image from my post preview. I want the featured image displayed. What I am trying to remove is the featured image when I open the blog post.

Sorry, My bad, I meant the “post” tab. https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuK29LG

Can you confirm if you’ve set unchecked “Display featured images” on the Post tab instead of the Archive tab? Those are 2 different settings as shown here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuWpv8G

Make sure you keep the “Display featured images” checked on the Archive tab but uncheck it on the Post tab.

A wise man once said:

Adam

That fixed it! Thank you SO MUCH!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice, glad you got it sorted. No problem. 🙂

A wise man once said:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.