[Resolved] Feature Images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Feature Images

Home Forums Support Feature Images

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Darrah

I know the feature image sizing changed in the most recent version of the theme. I am having so much trouble figuring out how to get the feature image sizing to show up correctly now. I have tried adding a custom size, using full size image, using the recommended square size, and they just are not displaying correctly. Ideally, I’d like to have a feature ratio close to 1200 x 600. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thank you so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

Do you have the customizer option set to 1200px by 628px?

I don’t think that would work as you are using 3 columns layout which means the container width would need to be like 3600px which is too wide.

Can you explain a bit more?

Darrah

I do have the customizer option set to that, but only changed it recently in an attempt to force the photos to display to that exact size. I’ve tried different, smaller versions of a 2 to 1 ratio, a small square ratio (like 300 x 300) and they all look distorted. Do you have a recommended feature size to use? I prefer 2 to 1 sizing. I had no issue prior to the latest theme update. Photos in older posts are uploaded mostly as 1200 x 628. It looks like they did get resized but still show normal rectangular ratios in the three columns. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what happens if you delete the Width and Height values ?
    this will render those images at their original aspect ratio.

Let me know

Darrah

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks for the help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Darrah

Sorry to reopen, but the problem is resolved on a desktop/tablet view, but it’s still distorted on a mobile view. If you’re viewing on a category page, the feature image looks fine, but when you open up a post, the image is extremely distorted. I’ve tried the square ratios (600 x 600) and 2 to 1 ratio, and it looks distorted both ways. The sides of the images are cut off. (It looks fine in mobile preview mode, but on a live post on a mobile device it does not.)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What Media Attachment Size have you got selected ?

Darrah

Full size

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you remove the width and the height.
    They clear any cache plugins and your browser caches – let us know

Darrah

Do you mean set the values to 0? If so they are set at 0. I cleared caches. It actually does look distorted on the mobile preview as well. It’s only posts that were created AFTER the latest theme update. Previous feature photos are fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try removing the value instead of setting it to 0.

Removing the value would make it Auto.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Darrah

I think I figured it out. I had the archives set up correctly, but the posts needed the update. It looks to be displaying correctly now. Thanks again for the help! πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.