Home Forums Support Favicon

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sergei

I have favicon problem too. But my website is with 3 languages. Site with default language dont have a favicon in Home page. On other pages favicon shows and on another 2 languages. Only in default language Home page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How are you currently adding the favicon?

Sergei

Customizer -> Site Identity -> Site Icon. Now i cant seen icon in another pages. I think that was start when i using Autoptimize plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be something you have to check with those plugins, as that’s a core WP feature (not in GP).

Alternatively, you can upload a favicon.ico file into the root directory of your website. That way browsers will pick it up automatically.

Sergei

Where i must to upload that favicon or in which folder? Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

favicon.ico can go in the same folder as wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes.

Sergei

So, i must put my favicon.ico in these 3 folders? Or just in one of them? Favicon.ico still showing only when i logged in in my wp-admin. But in http://www.example.com it not showing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Only in the root folder, so the folder where you can see those 3 other folders. Not inside any of them.

Sergei

Thank you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.