Cyber Week Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Support request] Fatal Error Upon Updating

Home Forums Support Fatal Error Upon Updating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven

I just updated to GP Premium 1.2.89 and there was a fatal error that made my whole admin area un-usable. Here’s the error message:

Warning: require(/home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-typography/functions/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-typography/generate-fonts.php on line 16

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-typography/functions/functions.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-typography/generate-fonts.php on line 16

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In 1.2.89, those folders don’t exist as I reduced the number of folders to fix a bug where some servers wouldn’t update.

So, somewhere is looking for the old folder names/files on your site, and not finding them because they don’t exist.

This update has been out for a while now with no issues reported, so I’m assuming something unique is happening in your situation. Have you changed any files?

Try manually updating: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

Steven

Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I haven’t changed any of your files or folders. I uploaded an older version to be able to restore my admin. I’m hesitant to do the upgrade again until this is fixed. Suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s nothing to be fixed – the update has been out for a week and a half with no other issues reported.

It’s possible that something happened during your update and it didn’t full complete.

Try manually updating this time: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/#manual-update

That should ensure that all of the files get updated properly.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.