[Resolved] Fatal error and featured images not showing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Fatal error and featured images not showing

Home Forums Support Fatal error and featured images not showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shane

Hi,

Have run into an issue where post featured images will not show up on the homepage, which is constructed using the WP Show Posts plugin. WP is throwing a fatal error in GeneratePress’ image resizing function.

[04-Jan-2019 10:24:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught IPQ_Process_Exception: Unable to get WP_Image_Editor for file "/home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/10021584-3x2-940x627.jpg": No editor could be selected. (is GD or ImageMagick installed?) in /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(303): IPQ_Process->task(Array)
    #1 /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(449): WP_Background_Process->handle()
    #2 /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Background_Process->handle_cron_healthcheck()
    #3 /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #4 /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_ac in /home/theweba/public_html/aviculture.co/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php on line 71
    [04-Jan-2019 10:26:37 UTC] WPSP_Resize.process() error: Unable to get WP_Image_Editor: No editor could be selected. (is GD or ImageMagick installed?)

I’ve confirmed that GD is indeed installed and available using the following in a test file:

if (extension_loaded('gd')) {
    echo "<br>GD support is loaded ";
    }else{
    echo "<br>GD support is NOT loaded ";
    }

I also tried adding define( 'GP_IMAGE_RESIZER', false ); to the wp-config.php file, as advised in this thread reporting a similar issue.

Site is running on PHP 7.2 if that makes any difference.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Shane

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – can you check whether ImageMagick is installed on the server as well?

Shane

Hi Tom,

Added the following to my test file:

if (extension_loaded('imagick')) {
        echo 'imagick is installed';
    }else {
        echo 'imagick not installed';
    }

This confirmed that ImageMagick is indeed available.

Until yesterday, the most recent post (which didn’t run into this issue) was on that site was Dec 9th. Both GP Premium 1.7.6 and GP Premium 1.7.7 were released after this date, so I’d imagine that’s where the issue turned up.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, those versions were small patch releases for unrelated features.

Can you check your phpinfo to confirm they’re installed at the server level? I don’t believe those errors (from two separate sources) would happen if those extensions are loaded properly.

Alternatively, do you have a separate server to test on?

Shane

Hi Tom,

Turns out this was a plugin conflict. Disabled all plugins (except WP Show Posts and GD Premium) and the featured image showed up fine.

I then re-enabled all plugins and disabled them one at time, until I found which one was causing the issue. The offender was WP Extra File Types, which was updated by its author about a week ago.

I’m no longer using that plugin (was only installed because I needed to upload an .exe file), so this can be considered resolved.

Thank you for your help troubleshooting this issue. I’ve made a contribution through your donate page as a small gesture of my appreciation for your time.

Kind regards,

Shane

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it figured out!

Thanks so much for the donation! I appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

David R

My turn! This is the new WP 5.2 “Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue” emails I get every few days. The file does exist in the path given, and it is persistently this file.

URL: /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1561399615.4953689575195312500000

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 71 of the file /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php. Error message: Uncaught IPQ_Process_Exception: Unable to get WP_Image_Editor for file "/wp-content/uploads/solar3.png": File doesn’t exist? (is GD or ImageMagick installed?) in /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/image-processing-queue/includes/class-ipq-process.php:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(303): IPQ_Process->task(Array)
    #1 /home/green/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/library/batch-processing/wp-background-process.php(449): WP_Background_Process->handle()
    #2 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Background_Process->handle_cron_healthcheck()
    #3 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #4 /home/green/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(531): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 /home/green/public_html/wp-cron.php(133): do_action_ref_array('wp_image_proces...', Array)
    #6 {main}
      thrown

phpinfo:

PHP Version 7.1.30
    GD Support	enabled
    GD Version	bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
    PNG Support	enabled
    libPNG Version	1.5.13

Is it a stuck queue? I haven’t tinkered with plugins yet, but I do not use the one mentioned above. Can you trigger Cron just by using the URL? I’d have to dig deep to get to PHP Error Logs on this particular server. It’s a managed VPS.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s basically saying the editor isn’t able to get the image in order to resize it. Not exactly sure why that would be happening here. Can you confirm that ImageMagick is enabled on the server as well?

We can always turn off this resizer and go an alternate route if needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.