Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Fast/lightweight method of capturing leads/optins for an email list?

Home Forums Support Fast/lightweight method of capturing leads/optins for an email list?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jay

I currently use AWeber to host my email list, and then use OptinMonster for creating sign-up forms and displaying them on my site. This has all worked just fine with one small downside: OptinMonster is now the slowest thing about my website, which has now become extra fast after switching to GP and optimizing the crap out of everything.

OptinMonster is unfortunately the one thing that I can’t optimize any further, so I’m wondering if there is a better option to use along with GP in terms of speed and performance? I’m not looking for anything fancy here. I don’t need A/B testing or elaborate drag and drop editors or anything like that.

I just want a lightweight way to A) put a typical signup form in my sidebar and at the bottom of every post, and B) as an added bonus, I’d also love to a find a more lightweight method of doing what OptinMonster’s “MonsterLinks” do, which is when you click on one of these links, it brings up a lightbox with a signup form while dimming the background of the page.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of experience with opt-in forms like this. Sorry!

I’ve always just grabbed the “naked” embed form code they provide and styled it to match my site.

Jay

It’s cool, thanks anyway. Maybe a good idea for a future premium addon? Just some dead simple way to put a newsletter type of sign-up form in the sidebar and below a post?

Just a suggestion. 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The challenge there is integrating the necessary markup/javascript from every available opt-in form. I’ll definitely keep it in mind! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.