[Support request] FAQ Tab access

Home Forums Support [Support request] FAQ Tab access

Home Forums Support FAQ Tab access

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hi team,
    Apologies in advance as I cannot figure out if this is a GP question or a Woo Commerce question.
    On the website I am managing, each Woo Commerce Product has three tabs at the bottom of the page.

Description, Specifications and FAQ.

The Description Tab and the Specification Tabs source their information from the Woo Commerce Product Data, but nowhere in the Product Data is an FAQ field? Yet the front end of the website shows an FAQ Tab?
    Where do I find the backend field to enter a products FAQ, if it is not in Woo Commerce?

Many thanks and again, sorry if this is not related to GP

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t add FAQ section to WooCommerce.

Maybe it’s coming from a plugin?

I can’t tell as you have caching plugin turned on:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/rtBahp5Yxec

You can try disabling all plugins except GP Premium and WooCommerce and see if it disappears.

Bob

I have turned off the caching now. Please let me know what you find.
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The only way that tab can be there is if it is added by either a plugin or a custom function.
    did you have another theme installed before GeneratePress? Or is there a child theme?

Bob

Hey David. Yes, the developer created a Child Theme (much to my frustration). So you think perhaps it might be there? I have been going through the plugins, but so far no luck identifying one that activates this FAQ tab. I will take a look at the Child Theme and see if they have added some nasty code. Doesn’t look like it is a GP issue though, so unless you have any further suggestions, I won’t bother you any further.

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could well be in the Child Theme – check in the functions.php – tabs are generally registered using a filter that looks like this:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_tabs', 'some_function_name_here' );

remove that and the related function. If its there.

Bob

Hey David,
    Found the filter exactly where you suggested it would be in the Child Theme and removed the lines. However it still did not go away. Very strange!
    I think that instead of removing it, I will try to make use of it.
    The new problem is finding where I add the FAQ’s. There doesn’t seem to be anywhere in the back-end that populates that FAQ Tab? I couldn’t find any clues in the functions.php file as to where the tab gets it’s data either.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah you need to code up the custom fields and add that to the Woo metabox.
    This Tutorial is pretty good:

https://rudrastyh.com/woocommerce/product-data-metabox.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.