[Support request] facetwp – having a hard time

Home Forums Support [Support request] facetwp – having a hard time

Home Forums Support facetwp – having a hard time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marco

I was wondering whether somebody successfully uses facetwp with posts – I’m having a hard time to get this to work – seems to be a lot harder than I thought.

1. facetwp uses it’s own pagination therefore some custom functions that check whether a page is paged or not don’t work anymore
    2. my homepage just shows some posts – it’s set to show 7 posts (1st one is featured) in a 2 column layout and the sidebar – on the 2nd and following page, the sidebar is removed and the column layout is set to 3 columns – I guess this is just too much to have facetwp working along these settings

unless somebody has an idea how to get this working I guess I need to come up with some different solution.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

From what I understand, FacetWP should work with any theme. GeneratePress doesn’t do anything crazy when it comes to posts, so I can’t imagine there could be any big incompatibilities.

Have you checked with FacetWP support about the issues your facing? They might have seen them before, which will help them and us come up with a solution for you.

Let me know 🙂

Marco

well I guess facetwp doesn’t know about the first post being featured and changing from two columns to three columns on the 2nd page etc. – that’s what probably make it hard.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there anywhere I can see the issue happening?

Damiane

Is it possible to use the FacetWP Event Listener (https://facetwp.com/documentation/developers/javascript/facetwp-loaded/) with Masonry that is built into GeneratePress? I want to refresh the Masonry on an archive page so that the masonry container resizes to the size of its contents when a FacetWP filter is selected.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should be possible – any chance you can open a new topic and we’ll explore?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.