[Resolved] Extra words at the front of blog snippet

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Extra words at the front of blog snippet

Home Forums Support Extra words at the front of blog snippet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mywonder

Greetings! I am hoping you can tell me how to get rid of the extra words in front of my blog snippet at this link: http://localhearted.com Referring to the top blog post on art appraisal. The words “Terri Vano Asheville Art Appraiser” should not be in front of “Joining host Meredith Adler” and they are NOT there when I go to the blog post itself.

THANKS so much!!

Meredith

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird. Looks like it’s the only post with that problem?

Are you using custom excerpt on that post?

mywonder

HI Leo, I don’t know what custom excerpt means, but I do know I didn’t do anything differently than I normally do and there it is ๐Ÿ™‚ Since I don’t know what custom excerpt means, I’m assuming I didn’t use it. Hope that helps! The extra writing looks like what I would have written for one of the photos of the podcast guest.

Thanks for your help…

Meredith

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s really weird. GP definitely doesn’t add any contents to the excerpts randomly.

Any caching plugins?

If not you might have to try #1 here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

mywonder

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the article. Someone else helped me solve my problem, so I wanted to let you know you can turn your time/energy to helping someone else here!

Kind regards,
    Meredith

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome! Just curious what was the problem?

mywonder

Do not know what the problem was at all, but she showed me how to do a custom excerpt and told me that would override what was there, and it worked!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.