[Resolved] extra space appearing to the right of my Revolution Slider

Home Forums Support [Resolved] extra space appearing to the right of my Revolution Slider

Home Forums Support extra space appearing to the right of my Revolution Slider

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    freeform1999

I understand…
    it’s an odd one. Like said, doesn’t happen with other themes including twenty-nineteen. Thanks for your efforts though!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It’s likely not happening in Twenty Nineteen because they have a catch-all for overflowing elements:

.site-content {
        overflow: hidden;
    }

You should be able to add that same CSS to fix the issue.

freeform1999

Thanks Tom, that almost worked!…
    but though it cleared the space right of the slider it also hides the text content under the slider image & thumbs. (I tried setting it to overflow-x but that didn’t work. I could scroll to reveal it though.)

===
    The css that that I use to make the text show below the slider was recommended by ThemePunch:
    #beyond .tp-revslider-slidesli,
    #beyond ul.tp-revslider-mainul {
    overflow: visible!important;
    }
    Their notes about this can be found here:
    https://www.themepunch.com/faq/displaying-layers-beyond-the-slider-container

(Btw, I also have all the text assigned to .contenty)
    ===

So sorry this is a pita, it’s odd it worked on twenty and my old theme..
    I still hope you and I can figure it out but maybe we should revisit this tomorrow or next day since it’s NewYearsEve!
    HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE GeneratePress!!!!!
    Rand

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So are we sure it’s the slider doing it? If you remove the slider, the issue goes away?

Happy New Year!

freeform1999

(I REALLY don’t expect a response today! I just had time to reply now… Happy New Year!)

+ It’s definitely something with how GP is dealing with the slider when one uses a slider text layer that draws from post ‘content’ and has css overflow:visible assigned (noted above). If I do not have a slider ‘content’ text layer I do not have the white space. (BTW, this content layer was just now assigned a new class .contenty2, so it currently has no css applied to it.)
    + I have NO plugins installed (no Elementor, etc.), just 1 security plug & GP premium.
    + I tried your css but it limits the height of my content so one has to scroll to reveal the text (it’s currently NOT in the Customizer css).
    + I made a new simple test post with a new simple default slider (that uses category posts to build it’s big image from the ‘featured image’ and text from ‘content’).
    You can view it here: ../gp-test-new-slider-no-elementor/
    The space to the right is still there, esp. noticeable on mobile.. (you may need to scroll or swipe a couple times to move the content left to see the space, esp. with Chrome. BTW, I have Chrome & Safari Mac & iOS.)
    + I do NOT have this problem if I use Twenty-Nineteen, WP-Ocean, Astra or my old WP-Forge theme…
    Cheers,
    Rand

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue is definitely coming from this CSS they suggested:

#beyond .tp-revslider-slidesli, 
    #beyond ul.tp-revslider-mainul {
        overflow: visible !important;
    }

What exactly is it fixing? There might be a better way.

freeform1999

thx for reply… as I wrote above, their notes about this can be found here:
    https://www.themepunch.com/faq/displaying-layers-beyond-the-slider-container

I’m using the slider to make art galleries,
    and artist don’t ever want text ON their images but want text with formatting below.
    Unfortunately, all sliders that allow text are either limited in design or allow a single title and single line of text.
    Using Rev Slider like I have for years on numerous artist sites my client ‘artist’ can make the project slides by simply setting categories to posts that have a Featured image for the big image and the text taken from the post’s ‘content. Then I set Rev Slider ‘content’ layer to be offset below the slider which needs the css mentioned.

Someday I might use ACF to make sliders with fields clients can enter the image and text into..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looking at the RevSlider code, setting the overflow to visible like that will always result in horizontal scroll, as that’s where the other slides are before they come into view.

Maybe try something like this:

html {
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }
    freeform1999

Thx Tom!
    I tried that css but it makes the text hidden unless one scrolls in the slider wrapper.
    Sorry this is such a pita.. frustrating since it worked on my old discontinued theme using the ThemePunch css mentioned above. I’m simply trying to make the Slider’s text layer (taken from post ‘content’) show below the slider. Do you have any other suggestion how this might be achieved?
    THX!

freeform1999

BTW, the space doesn’t show in Chrome mac… seems to be only a problem in Safari Mac & iOS.. and odd that it doesn’t show in Customizer in mobile view using Safari.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there any chance you can show me the same slider on a test site using a default Twenty-something theme? That way I can better compare what the difference is.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

freeform1999

Will do tomorrow… thanks for hangin in there!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – we’ll figure it out ๐Ÿ™‚

freeform1999

Hi,
    I installed a new test site with only the standard Twenty-Nineteen theme and Revolution Slider. Like my old live site it does not have the space to right of slider.
    I will send you the private URL & login info via your Account contact.
    THX SO MUCH!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

.site-content {
        overflow: hidden;
    }
    .rev_slider_wrapper.fullwidthbanner-container {
        position: relative !important;
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.