[Support request] Extra content box

Home Forums Support [Support request] Extra content box

Home Forums Support Extra content box

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Harry

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way of putting a new content box in between the two navigation bars, so that I can put a widget inside it. At the moment, I only have one central block (red) that i can add columns widgets etc to.
    I guess this would be like adding an additional Div? but i’m not sure how I would do it?

https://goo.gl/photos/gFq33G91RTdt7oqS6
    Navigation bar 1 (black)
    Navigation Bar 2 (grey)

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry how is that area created currently? Any chance you can link us to the site? Thanks!

Harry

Hi Leo,

Hi Have it in maintenance mode at the moment, I’ll try get it up soon, but
    I’ve put both navigation bars after header and then offset the secondary navigation bar using css:

.secondary-navigation
    {
    padding-right: 80px;
    margin-top: 300px;
    }

So it’s just an empty space showing the background at the moment, but I’d like to put a carousel gallery there, or even just a text box.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if we use this function to move the secondary navigation below page header so you can just use the page header area?

add_action('after_setup_theme','generate_change_nav_position');
    function generate_change_nav_position()
    {
          remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_secondary_navigation_after_header', 7 );
          add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_secondary_navigation_after_header', 29 );
    }

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Harry

Hi

Hmm, no, I’d like to keep them separate, as is now, but just put a carousel gallery in between.

But I’ve added the two menus together now anyway, so I will use the red content area to put widgets and modules in.
    The only issue now is that the only space I can put widgets and modules in via the builder page (beaver builder), is in the red content area. Is there any way of placing these modules outside of that content area, I.e on the main page generate press page.

Don’t worry if not. I’ll work round it.

Thanks for the help

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried the code I provided?

It is supposed to keep the primary and secondary navigation separated with the page header in between for you to insert content.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.