[Resolved] export / import settings failing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] export / import settings failing

Home Forums Support export / import settings failing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    elguavas

hi tom, this is gp premium 1.2.89, wordpress 4.6 on a site i am developing on bitnami lampstack (installed in my user account) on linux.

i’ve exported settings form a heavily customised site, the .json file contains the expected settings, when i try to import the settings on this development site i get “Import successful” but in customizer all settings are still default settings…

i searched these forums and apart from some mention of possible permission problems without any details, i can’t find anything that would help me progress here.

any suggestion?

thanks,
    stephen.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, have you changed the name of your exported file? Or is the same as when you exported it?

elguavas

i exported it to a directory on this pc’s local file system, and imported it from that same file.

elguavas

or do you mean did i customise the name of the exported file or accept the default name?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, it needs to be the exact same name it was when you clicked the export button.

elguavas

ah, so you’re saying this: when i click export i get a “save file” dialog with a filename already entered by the export plugin, i _have_ to save to the name the pluging gave to the file, i _cannot_ change that filename in the save file dialog to make it more descriptive??

i added a few words to the filename, but i did not alter it before then attempting the import.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct.

If that’s still not working, you can try something like this, which doesn’t include GP Hooks: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/

elguavas

ok thanks, that was unclear from the exporter interface, i didn’t imagine it could matter if i gave a more descriptive filename. πŸ˜‰

i will try the export (and import) again later and see how it goes. i’ll report back here how it went.

thanks for your prompt replies.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I should definitely add a little notice about that.

No problem πŸ™‚

elguavas

i think the confusion would have been avoided if there was a message saying “don’t customise the filename” next to the export buttons, and also if the import did not report it was successful when it wasn’t. πŸ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree πŸ™‚

On the to do list.

elguavas

ok, exported to default filenames, imported as expected.

that’s a relief, extensive customisations i’d hate to have to redo by hand. πŸ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it worked πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.