[Resolved] Exclude custom header content in search entry summary

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Exclude custom header content in search entry summary

Home Forums Support Exclude custom header content in search entry summary

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue is you’ve disabled the header, and you’re using a Beaver Builder element as your header inside the content area.

If you remove that BB element from the content area, and add it as your actual site header (Before Header hook in GP Hooks), then it should look the same, and not be included in search results.

Let me know if that makes sense or not ๐Ÿ™‚

stlayman

Hi Tom, yes, the BB node is only used on the blog posts, and uses the same one, so that’s working fine.
    The pages use different headers, so I would need to create around 6 different custom page headers, and edit around 70 pages to include the correct header. (and remove the BB content from the pages) Maybe something to do in my spare time!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, that’s a pain. So right now how are the headers applied to the pages? Just within the content editor?

stlayman

Yep. For all the pages, I’m using a BB saved global row and swapping out the images and text overlays, then disabling the header / featured image within the editor page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe the only way to prevent the content from appears in the excerpt is to add it to the actual header unfortunately, instead of the page. Beaver Builder might have a trick, but I’m not sure.

stlayman

This is true Tom – and they have no way to block a node from search (they said). Thanks a million ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.