[Support request] Excerpts (Summary) not showing on blog archive page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Excerpts (Summary) not showing on blog archive page

Home Forums Support Excerpts (Summary) not showing on blog archive page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I have a GP site at staging1.hardyness.com (password is ‘bridget’)

I have set (in Settings | Reading) the blog posts to show as Summary instead of full length.

However, even when I manually put in excerpts for the blog posts, the full post is showing up in the archive page (Email Archive).

I have read through numerous Generatepress forum posts for people having the same problem, have deactivated all plugins except those from Generatepress, but still no luck. When I manually create a summary on any particular blog post, the entire content of the post is still being displayed on the Email Archive page (which has been set to be the blog archive page.

Any advise?

Thanks,

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you make sure that the Post Format is set to Standard.

I tried to login to your site but the ID/Password was rejected.

Mark

Hi David,

The post type is standard.

The frontend password is bridget (all lower case)

For admin access, see below

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you change the excerpt word count to 1 in the Customizer > Layout > Blog ?

Mark

Hi David,

Thanks for your email. I noticed (I thought I had set it to Summary before) that in the customizer | layout | blog, the content type was set to “Full Content,” not Summary. I could have sworn that I had it set that way before, but I set it to Summary, and I didn’t even need to change the word count, as the excerpt is now showing.

Thank you!

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.