[Resolved] Excerpts missing from archive pages and showposts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Excerpts missing from archive pages and showposts

Home Forums Support Excerpts missing from archive pages and showposts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda

I just noticed that the excerpts have stopped appearing on my showposts list, as well as from my archive page. I’m not even sure when this occurred! For testing I have put a manual excerpt on the “Temporary hold…” post, but that one doesn’t show either. My customizer blog info and staging site pages are shown below. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Linda,

We have stopped developing and supporting WP show posts plugin as it’s been replaced by the Query loop block of GenerateBlocks plugin.

I would recommend replacing the WP show posts list with the Query loop block asap.

If you can provide admin login to your staging site, I can have a look for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know!

Linda

My blog page is not using showposts, and it also is not showing the excerpts. Including screenshots below.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That looks strange.

Can you disable all plugins except GP premium to test?

And if you are using any custom functions, can you disable them temporarily?

Let me know!

Linda

Well, thanks for making me do that! The problem seems to be with a plugin called “Sign-up Sheets” by Fetch Designs. I have no idea why that would cause the problem, but when I deactivate it, I get my excerpts! I guess I need to reach out to them, or find a different plugin for gathering volunteer names. Thanks! This can be marked as closed.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the cause ๐Ÿ™‚

You are welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.