[Resolved] Excerpt content not showing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Excerpt content not showing

Home Forums Support Excerpt content not showing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,

I am with a new website with same customize design on generatepress that you help me build on first url placed on private textbox and for some reason excerpt content is not showing as you can see on second url (new website) placed and first url.

It seems that since last update on theme this got mess up, can you please let me know what is the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Sara

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

The two links you’ve provided are both single posts so there is no excerpt there by default.

Which (blog/archive) page can I see the excerpt issue?’

Nothing was changed in the excerpt aspect of things in the recent updates.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Hello Leo,

Thanks for the fast reply, nevermind just found solution. I just reviewed previous post where I ask about how to do this single post design and solution was there, need it to create new hook element.

Here is URL of solution: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-i-can-do-this-on-post-page/#post-1430646

As you can see on new website is working already!

Thanks anyways! πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Sorry to bother you again Leo,

But on old website I am getting this error where you check to execute PHP on hook element the following:

Unable to run PHP as defined by DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT.

Is this because I have disable Theme Editor from wp-admin for security reasons? cannot execute code because of it?

Please let me know, thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is this because I have disable Theme Editor from wp-admin for security reasons? cannot execute code because of it?

It’s possible.

See this page for more explanations:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disallow-php-execution/

I’ll mark this topic as resolved so please open a new topic if you need further help with the PHP execution issue.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hello Leo yes that seem to be the problem but, its weird because it seems to be working now but, still there some pages like does not work and I don’t understand why. I left working and not working urls on private section. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what is being added using the Hook element as i cannot see a difference between the two posts?
    Maybe browser cache needs clearing ?

Anonymous

Hello David,

Yes problem was with cache, just cleared cache and works fine.

Thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.