[Resolved] Ethos theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ethos theme

Home Forums Support Ethos theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sapir

Hi, I got a bit frustrated of me working on my website and I deleted it completly.
    I wanted a fresh and easy start with a new theme. Maybe even use the colors as is, only change the pictures and texts and that.
    I liked Ethos theme + demo content and set it on a new WordPress website (after reset).
    I have noticed few first things.

1. Mobile off canvas menu look strethced-bugged. I think Happyform is the cause. It opens very far from the website (Horizontaly) and the whole site is stretched (I dont know if this the problem. When I disable Happyforms, the site has a tiny stretch with white area, but not as far as it was before).

2. I have noticed that my mobile preview on desktop and even my mobile shows the sides as right-left and not like in site library. For example: Canvas menu and logo are switched in position. text too. Inestead of starting straight from left, It’s starting from right (Im talking about allignment). I’m planning on using the website from right to left (As we wright this way). But why has it changed automatically?

Can you help me out with it? give any solutions so I could start work out at it?

*When I entered the demo at your site (site library) with my smarthpone, it worked fine.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your HTML tag has a dir="rtl" attribute that causes all sorts of display issues for your site.

Was this added intentionally? If so, try removing it.

If not, perhaps there’s another plugin that adds this attribute.

I suggest we debug by disabling all the plugins except GP Premium. We then enable the other plugins one by one to single out the plugin that is causing this issue.

Sapir

I didn’t touced a thing after the reset. Clean setup with gp theme + gp child + Ethos and demo content.

Plugins stayed from before.
    But, I tried what you have wrote.
    The mobile version was heavily stretched. However, When I shutted off the Happyforms that came with the theme, It was better, but still off (screen still didn’t fit). Any other plugin I shuted off didn’t really made any difference.

Should I delete this html thing manually? How I do that? It’s seems that understand the causing problem is a better idea than just walking around.

And whatever causing it, causes the left-right content switch too?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check which GeneratePress version are you using?

Older versions of GeneratePress (version 2.4.2 or older) had a display bug on WordPress languages that uses RTL like Arabic, Hebrew, etc.

This along with some related bugs are fixed on the latest version of GeneratePress version 3.0.0 rc 1.

If you’re using an older version, we highly suggest you update your theme.

And whatever causing it, causes the left-right content switch too?

I’m not sure what you mean. But here’s what dir attribute does to contents.
    dir=”rtl” demo

Sapir

I installed to latest beta 3.0.0 rc 1. things are better, even though not complete.
    the big stretch gap that was before – almost totally closed. There is still a gap.

Example of the gap

Canvas is stretching as well

When I disabled all plugins except of GPpremium and GenerateBlocks, it was the same.
    When I disabled Blocks as well, website width was OK (Without blocks ofcurse), with something strange. it was like 0 padding to the sides. text really stucked at borders.

Now, the left-right problem, Iv’e uploaded 2 screenshots to let you understand what is all about:

How Ethos should be

How Ethos displayed at my mobile

As you can see, everything is organized like a a rtl. I dont know what caused the change. do you know?
    I want to use the theme at rtl, I hope that I can do it. Maybe it’s ok if it stay that way? I just afraid of future bugs and things that won’t be stable.

*May I please request detailed answeres? I’m not some “tech guy” that will understand everything.
    Thank you very much.

Edit: I have just set the WordPress system to English language and not Hebrew. The website works fine at mobile. Does that mean the the theme isn’t configured to work properly at RTL?

Sapir

Can someone help me please?
    I’m tired of refreshing the web for almost 6 hours already ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Please allow up to 24 hours for replies (usually way faster than that).

As you can see, everything is organized like a a rtl. I dont know what caused the change. do you know?

If the website is set to a RTL language, the theme will configure itself to be RTL, which is what you’re seeing.

Are you wanting to use a RTL language while keeping the theme layout LTR?

Sapir

I started a new topic as well. I thought no one saw it anymore.
    I saw questions that getting answered in few minutes, while my question delayed for 8 hours.

I want to use rtl.. but it’s not working well.

See here

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Let’s keep it in this topic for now.

This looks like a bug in Ethos – I just uploaded the fix.

Can you re-import the site? Make sure to revert the import first in the Site Library (there will be a notice at the top).

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Sapir

Fixed.

I have 2 questions which aren’t related to the topic.

1. Do I need a child theme? As far as I understood today, if the changes that I will make will be using the CSS plugin that you created, I won’t be needing a child theme at all. Is that right?

2. GP Premium – Is for 1 year support (This form as I understand) and updates.
    What will happen after 1 year with my theme? updates? Do I need to worry?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Not necessarily. If you’re only adding custom CSS, you don’t need one. A child theme becomes necessary if you want to overwrite theme templates.

2. You will need to renew your license key in order to receive further updates/support. It’s always a good idea to keep up to date.

Glad the issue is fixed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sapir

Hey Tom,

I have just noticed that the problem didn’t solved.
    While the Homepage is fixed, as well as the blod and styles pages, all other pages still has the bug.

What is the meaning of it?
    Can I continue editing my site? Or Everything will erase while you fix it?
    And what about new content that I will create? like Pages, posts or widgets I’ll place in the website?
    Will They be bugged as well?

In short, should I continue my editing while you fix, or should I wait?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, the issue comes from the “Grid” block used throughout the site.

It has a horizontal gap option which has a value on desktop, but isn’t zeroed out on mobile when things are stacked.

This is a bug in GenerateBlocks we need to address when being used on RTL sites – made a note of it for the next update.

For now, you can go into those Grid blocks and make the Horizontal Gap option 0 on mobile. I’ll update the site later today to do this as well.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

What is the meaning of it?
    Can I continue editing my site? Or Everything will erase while you fix it?
    And what about new content that I will create? like Pages, posts or widgets Iโ€™ll place in the website?
    Will They be bugged as well?

You can continue adding your content. This kind of bug doesn’t affect created posts or pages as the bug is related to aesthetics rather than contents.

While they may look weird, the actual contents are unaffected.

In short, should I continue my editing while you fix, or should I wait?

You can skip with the styling for now but you should be able continue adding your content(posts, pages).

Sapir

Thank you friends. I’ll try that tommorow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.