- This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Tom.
September 7, 2020 at 11:57 pm #1434802Colin
Im using the generate blocks plugin and when i try to update the page i get the following error:
Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.
I was using the new alpha theme and thought this was the problem, so i used the stable 2.42 version and still get the same error.
My hosting is namecheap easy wp
ColinSeptember 7, 2020 at 11:58 pm #1434803Colin
This is also happening on normal posts aswell.September 8, 2020 at 4:40 am #1435064DavidStaffCustomer Support
couple of things to try:
1. Check for Plugin conflicts by temporarily disabling all other plugins apart from GP Premium. If that resolves the issue, re-enable each plugin one at a time to see which is conflicting.
2. Regenerate your site permalinks by going to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and hit Save a couple of times.September 8, 2020 at 10:44 pm #1436093Colin
I have done as you say and still getting the error message. No plugins seem to be conflicting and i have done the permalinks suggestion.
Namecheap hosting have their own in built caching – is this likely to be the cause?
If so, what will be the reason for this to be happening so i can contact them
ColinSeptember 9, 2020 at 2:08 am #1436242DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 9, 2020 at 10:37 pm #1437513Colin
ColinSeptember 10, 2020 at 4:55 am #1437846DavidStaffCustomer Support
Test it on Plain – if it still doesn’t work then we can dismiss Permalinks as the issue.
Couple of other things:
1. SSL certificate is incorrectly set – you can check by Right Click > Inspect the page when the error appears and you may see an Mixed Content error/warning in the Console.
2. Go to Tools > Site Health and see if there are any issues reported.September 13, 2020 at 10:52 pm #1442009Colin
They where ok with no errors.
My hosting support has fixed the error message, but I still get the curl timeout message when I save for the plugin updates option.
I am going to ask my host what the problem was and will let you know what they say
ColinSeptember 14, 2020 at 12:33 am #1442101DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 16, 2020 at 10:46 pm #1446643Colin
The json response error was to do with the CDN apparantly.
AS for the curl timeout error, which I’m still getting. I got the following message from them yesterday,
Thank you for your patience.
According to our check, the requests to the GeneratePress are blocked.
Please contact their support service to check whether the following IP address is blocked on their end: [ IP in Private Info ]
We are looking forward to hearing from you. ”
Any advice please
ColinSeptember 17, 2020 at 2:39 am #1446825DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 17, 2020 at 9:37 am #1447449TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
That IP was banned for xmlrpc attacks. It’s unbanned now, but may be automatically banned again if the attacks continue.
Let me know 🙂September 17, 2020 at 10:52 pm #1448093Colin
Yes it seems to be working now and the updates option has worked with my activation code.
I will let Namecheap now why you said the IP was banned. Maybe them knowing why will help them to avoid it happening in the future.
Thank you Tom & David for sorting this out.
ColinSeptember 18, 2020 at 10:45 am #1449044
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.