[Support request] Error Notice Breaks Layout

Home Forums Support [Support request] Error Notice Breaks Layout

Home Forums Support Error Notice Breaks Layout

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Retzer

I got this notice at the top of my page, with a broken layout.

Notice: is_amp_endpoint was called incorrectly. is_amp_endpoint() was called before the parse_query hook was called. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 0.4.2.) in /var/www/vhosts/bogeymedia.us/public_html/golfblogger/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5167

It seems that it’s related to the AMP and AMP for GeneratePress plugins. When I deactivate those, the layout returns to normal. But of course, I won’t have AMP functionality.

Is this possibly a GeneratePress issue, or something else? TIA

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just looked through the AMP for GeneratePress plugin and it doesn’t look like it’s being called too early anywhere.

Does the issue go away when you deactivate AMP for GeneratePress only?

John Retzer

No. It does not go away when I deactivate AMP for GP only

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be something in another one of your plugins.

If you’re not able to find the issue, you can turn off WP_DEBUG so it stops messing with the layout: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

John Retzer

I’ve turned everything off, then back on. It’s definitely AMP that breaks the layout. Weirdly, though, it only breaks the layout in Microsoft Edge. The layout is ok on Firefox and Chrome

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Isn’t it just the Notice that is breaking the layout? Have you tried turning off WP_DEBUG?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.