- This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Leo.
December 28, 2019 at 2:04 pm #1116337Jacob
I signed up for 1 year renewal but I still don’t really get how this Theme works.. Everything I try to do basically comes out bad:) Anyway, one of the reasons for renewing my premium license is because of the great service I have received from you before!
1. First of all – I tried to use one of the templates from the site library but when I deleted it I got some weird error message in the top of my screen in the dashboard. And now I can’t sign in – it says:
“Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/xxxxxxxx.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php on line 616”
“Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/customer/www/webshopsguiden.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php:616) in /home/customer/www/xxxxxxxx.se/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1265”
Anyway, I will try to reinstall WP and see if I can login again.
2. I would like to make a new site. Why is there no basic tutorial? I don’t understand how to use the theme and i don’t know where to start? I have been a customer for 1 year and the last site came out really bad because I use a pagebuilder to do a lot of stuff that slowed down the site. I thought I could make templates with the Theme somehow, but how? Just easy stuff= An image in the top with a nice Header overlayd – maybe some cool scroll effects. Author + image, date etc? I found some random youtube guides. For instance this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNg9lrdbeg But I don’t have the same options in my dashboard. There is no option for “Page Headers” like this guy shows. Anyway, I think I should use your tutorials instead of some random dude’s on internet:)
3. Ok, this is my most important issue. (If I can log in to WP again.. Without the error messages..) I would like to make a new site. I want it to be a “Guide”. So the landing/home page should be 7 sections or steps. Each section should consist of a header and text 3-400 words. (Step 1 – Start with ..” + text). Then I would like to make a customized menu that corresponds to each step (with an anchor). Preferably this should be a sticky menu so it is right there whenever the reader wants to go to any step. So the reader can click on Step 1 and there will be smooth scroll to Step 1.
If possible, I would like the sticky menu to be a model for processes:
Step 1 do this > Step 2 then do this > Step 3 do that.. etc (Like a process overview in PPT or smth). If this is not possible with the theme I can just have it as a regular sidebar-menu (but it’s kind of boring)
Thank you! I just want to do easy stuff but I don’t know how to do it..
Thanks! /JacobDecember 29, 2019 at 12:12 am #1116541TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. That’s strange – what site did you import? Did you remove the site using our removal tool in the Site Library area? You can fix this without re-doing the entire site – just remove the
elementorplugin from the
2. Our documentation site has tons of articles on the specific features in the theme, but we are missing some basic tutorial videos. Do you have any specific examples of what you’re trying to achieve?
3. Sort of like a table of contents? It’s not something standard in the theme, but it should be achievable using the block editor for your sections. You can use the “Group” block to build your sections, and give each Group an ID (in the Advanced tab). If you can set that up and link me to the page, I can help with some basic HTML/CSS to build the sticky nav area. There are also tons of table of contents plugins out there if you do some searching.
Let me know 🙂December 29, 2019 at 1:36 pm #1116993Jacob
Hi Tom, Thanks again for great service!
1. I can´t even login to WP now. The Site I imported was UNO. I will solve the problem somehow, I’ll see if my friend can help me with remove that elemntor plugin.. Bur may be difficukt since we can’t even login. The errro messages appeares already over the screen on the admin page before loging in.
2. I will come back with specific examples. Basically it would be nice to create a good looking article-template with image in top, header (H1), author and date (last updated) and then a nice section for the text and images. I just assume that could be created in the theme without page builders..
3. Exactley, a table of contents but maybe a bit more fancy. Maybe I could just use the menu-widget and disable it on all the other pages except the landing page? A table of content does not look so nice.. I was thinking some kind of process-overview..Thank you very much.
/JacobDecember 29, 2019 at 8:05 pm #1117125TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. You should be able to find the file by using the File Manager in your hosting control panel. If you contact your hosting, they might be able to just do it for you.
2. Have you checked out any of our non-page builder sites in the Library? There are quite a few article-type sites in there. If none of them are what you’re looking for, an example would definitely help. Basically anything is possible.
3. That sounds like a good idea for sure. Then you could use a plugin like this to make it sticky: https://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-fixed-widget/January 4, 2020 at 4:59 pm #1122237Jacob
Hi again and thanks!
1. Is fixed. Thanks.
2. So I have tried a few of the more easy “non-page builder” options. How do I edit the Home page? It is actually mainly the homepage i want. And just add sections for each step of the guide that corelates with some kind of clickable menu that leads the reader with a smooth scroll down to each section.. I can’t find the “Homepage” in Pages after I instllaed one of the prebuilt sites from the library.
Could I for instance just use the top part of one of the the imported options? The image and the menu and then just use a Sitebuilder to add sections? What do you recommend?
I could use the top part of the Boost template. Or I tried “Volume” but how do I change text and images on the homepage? I am not creating a blog but a a website with articles for each section..
3. Ok. I will try that after I have solved the one above:) Thanks
/JacobJanuary 5, 2020 at 9:40 am #1122819TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
You can definitely add any page builder to our non-page builder sites if you want to use them to build your content.
If the site you imported has a blog as the home page, then you can:
1. Create a new page in the “Pages” area
2. Set that page as the “Front page displays” option in “Settings > Reading”.
To build the actual page, you can use any page builder or the standard editor in WordPress.
Let me know if you need more info 🙂January 5, 2020 at 12:26 pm #1122923Jacob
Hi Tom, thanks.
What I don’t understand is where is the Homepage for any theme I import located? I can’t access the home page. Now I tried again to import a theme “Marketer”. There is no Homepage. That is the page I want to edit and keep.
Can I attach a screenprint? In pages there are only all these other pages: About/Best Deals/Contact etc.. Where is the main landing page located? I don’t get it at all.
I can see access the page after I imported the theme in “visit my site” but can’t access it from the dashboard (or I can’t find it). Usually WP marks your landing page as Homepage. Now I can’t even find the page..
Thanks.January 5, 2020 at 12:49 pm #1122937Jacob
1 more thing. I have tried to remove “powered by generatepress” my other sit looks nothing like your guide explains: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/changing-the-copyright-message/
There is no field for “Copyright” where I disable the cose as I understand it.
Seems like everytime I am trying to use the guides the options in my end are different from the guides..
Can I send u a screenshot? (This is for another site). Nothings seems logic to me. Like how hard could it be to disable that??January 5, 2020 at 12:57 pm #1122944Jacob
I solved that last issue by myself by activating “Copyright” thanks.January 5, 2020 at 1:18 pm #1122963LeoStaffCustomer Support
The home page of Marketer is the default WordPress posts page – a page that lists all your published posts.
That page cannot be edited using the default editor.
Not sure what you are trying to edit but we have lots of options in the customizer for the posts page:
The page won’t be included in the page listing if you are using the “Your latest posts” as the front page display:
Maybe an article like this would help?
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/wordpress/wordpress_reading_setting.htmJanuary 5, 2020 at 3:42 pm #1123042Jacob
Thanks Tom & Leo for great service!
Yes, I figured out that I have to create my own homepage. But I especially liked this link you sent, Leo: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/
So I can basically use articles that I write as pages but displayed as posts. That is great! Thanks.January 5, 2020 at 3:47 pm #1123050LeoStaffCustomer SupportJanuary 6, 2020 at 12:55 pm #1123890Jacob
Hi again! I am sorry for troubling more. Just one more thing for now. I installed the plugin Tom recommended (https://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-fixed-widget/) to make the widget fixed. I clicked the box for the widget to stay fixed but it does not work.. Do you know why or is there any other options to make the widget fixed?
/JacobJanuary 6, 2020 at 1:02 pm #1123897Jacob
hi again, must have been some cache thing now it works. However the widget changes color when I scroll down…January 6, 2020 at 3:17 pm #1124016
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.