[Resolved] Error in Customizer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error in Customizer

Home Forums Support Error in Customizer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ziad

Hello,

I just purchased and installed GP Premium. I get the following errors in the customizer when I activate another theme:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/tlac/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-blog/functions/generate-blog.php on line 156

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/tlac/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-blog/functions/generate-blog.php on line 157

Steps to reproduce:
    – Activate all GP add-ons
    – Select a different theme
    – Go to the Customize area
    – The errors are displayed

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So these errors are showing up when a different theme (not GeneratePress) is active?

This is most likely because all of GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be activated.

That being said, I don’t want any errors to show up when testing out other themes etc.. so I’ll look into suppressing those warnings.

Ziad

Thanks Tom.
    What I did was:
    – Activate GP
    – Activate all Add-Ons
    – Changed my theme to another theme
    – Went to Customize it. That’s where I got the error.

BTW, FYI, also note that when I do this, the “GeneratePress” entry in the Appearance menu goes away, but the “GP Hooks” entry still shows,

Thanks,

Ziad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is all expected behavior.

GP Premium is a plugin, so it doesn’t know if you’ve changed themes away from GeneratePress (there’s no function for that).

This means if you change your theme away from GP, you want to deactivate GP Premium (as it’s useless without GP).

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Ziad

OK, thank you Tom,

Ziad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

KIVA

Hello,
    This error is not allowing me to update my WordPress. And shows up in my customizer. Im not sure what it means.

Creating default object from empty value in /home1/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/customizer.php on line 33

Please help.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can fix that error by updating to the latest version of GeneratePress.

Go to “Dashboard > Updates” and you should see the update available.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.