[Resolved] Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseco

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseco

Home Forums Support Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseco

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Justin

Gents,

For the last half hour I’ve been getting these two errors.

Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

I get this when running Health Check, which I’m running because after working all morning in WordPress with no issues, out of nowhere I get the following error when I trying to edit any theme files…

Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

I’ve read everything I can find and tried everything. Can you give me some help please?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Justin

Leo, I understand that the server needs to communicate with generatepress.com and I’m the server admin. I’m baffled what’s going. Can’t make any edits in Customize either and it came out of nowhere.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In this case, the server doesn’t need to communicate with our server – that only happens if you’re using the Site Library or activating your license key.

It sounds like your WordPress install isn’t communicating properly with your own server.

I’m not exactly sure what would cause it, but this topic might help?: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-main-theme-php-files-after-upgrading-to-4-9/

Justin

Baffling! I saw that thread earlier and it runs to 9 pages with no clue whatsoever of a solution.

I’m just going to edit with FTP I guess. If I come across a solution I’ll post here.

Justin

I just realized it’s not so simple because none of my edits in Theme > Customize are being passed to the site and I can’t FTP those, right? Very strange that I get a “Published” result but no changes.

Justin

Okay, this should narrow it down some, shouldn’t it?

I can edit functions.php and Theme > Customize on another GP site on the same server, just not this site.

I deactivated all plugins one at a time and nothing.

Any other ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any custom functions on the site? There must be a difference between the two sites, it just comes down to figuring out what it is.

Could be a custom function. Maybe an Element you’ve added? Different .htaccess rules?

Justin

Tom, I think you guys should just delete this thread as the situation cleared itself and I have no idea how. Since I have no solution and only confusing symptoms, maybe just delete? Sorry, guys.

If you choose not to delete, what I *think* cleared it was whitelisting Cloudflare’s IPs (all of them) in my server CSF.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries at all! I’m glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.