[Support request] Error 500 when I installed the plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] Error 500 when I installed the plugin

Home Forums Support Error 500 when I installed the plugin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Edouard

Hello,

I recently create a new website. The first thing I have done is to install the theme GP and it work correctly.
    Then, I added the plugin GP premium and I got an error 500 “internal servor error”.

As there is nothing else on the website, there’s no plug-in conflit or whatsoever. Can you help me out on that please ? How can I resolve this misconfiguration ?

Thanks πŸ™‚ !

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when does the 500 error appear ? Is it during the install of the plugin ?

Edouard

Hello,

Yes, when I upload the plugin it loads for 10 seconds and then the error 500 appears.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check your Server settings provided in this article:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/error-codes-importing/#server-error-500

Edouard

yes I tried but it is hard when you do not have any technical background. I spent hours and did not manage to make the changes.

By any chance, could this bug be related to the fact I do not use cPanel ? That is the first time I use NOC, maybe you have recurring problem with them ?

thank you for your help,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We have not had any reported issues with that host.
    Have you checked with your host ? They should be able to help with making the correct settings.

Edouard

Yes I asked them but they have not answered me yet, since it is the weekend. I’ll probably have an answer in the following days.

Thanks for your reply πŸ˜‰

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – let us know how you get on.

Edouard

Hello,

My host has done the setting changes for me (the one you adivce to do here : https://docs.generatepress.com/article/error-codes-importing/#server-error-500)

Howevever, it has not change anything. Everytime I upload the premium plugin, the error 500 appear.

Can you help me out on that please ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need to speak with your host again, the 500 error is a very general server side error, their should be something in the error logs that provides more information on what the cause is.

Edouard

My hosting has helped me out on that and it works now.
    Perfect !

Thanks for your kind help πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.