[Resolved] Error 500 when autosaving Element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Error 500 when autosaving Element

Home Forums Support Error 500 when autosaving Element

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

When autosaving an Element that contains a Dynamic Content block I get error 500 for that ajax request. The following is written in the error_log file:

[08-Nov-2022 15:30:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/waysseab/gp.waysseab.hemsida.eu/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 233

Added more details in private information.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check what the PHP Memory limit on your server is ?

Gabriel

memory_limit is 512M according to cPanel.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Gabriel,

That’s odd. 512M should be good. There’s not much stuff in your site, the only active plugins are GP plugins as well. Inherently, saving an Element with a Dynamic Content Block shouldn’t be taking too much memory.

To clarify, does this issue only occur when there’s a Dynamic Content Block inside an Element upon saving?

Can we try creating a test Block Element on your site to replicate the issue?

Gabriel

Yes, this issue only occurs when there’s a Dynamic Content block. The error occurs when autosaving. Manual update works fine.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Whats in the Dynamic Content block ?

Gabriel

Post content. No other settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you replace the Dynamic Content Block with the core Post Content block ?

Gabriel

No errors in autosave when using the core Post Content block.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… we’ll do some investiagions although i cannot replicate the issue locally. Which is fun 🙂

Are you ok using the Post Content block instead ?

As a note each of the GenerateBlocks Blocks has its own Dynamic Data settings in the block sidebar. Which you can use to display the Post Excerpt in a Headline Block if that is required.

Gabriel

Feel free to play around with the site in private information of my OP. It is not a productions site.

I think I will keep using your block. Manual saving works after all so it is not critical issue, just annoying.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it possible to enable wp_debug and get a full error from the server ? So we can see get more details on that 500 error ?

Gabriel

wp_debug is already enabled in wp-config.php. The only error on the page is something about invalid JSON, which makes sense because the error response that I see in devtools is html. The error_log file only contains repetitions of what I mentioned in the OP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this! I’m able to reproduce.

We’ll get it fixed in the next version of GPP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Playing with this now and trying to fix it, but I’m no longer able to reproduce it.

Is this still something that’s happening to you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.