[Support request] Enable primary nav menu on tablet, but keep hamburger menu on mobile?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Enable primary nav menu on tablet, but keep hamburger menu on mobile?

Home Forums Support Enable primary nav menu on tablet, but keep hamburger menu on mobile?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

I am trying to find a way to still show a normal nav menu on tablets, but use the compact hamburger menu on mobile devices (ie phones). Is this possible through custom CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is currently not possible as you can only trigger the mobile menu at a higher width: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-navigation/#initiating-the-mobile-navigation-at-a-different-width

But this is a planned feature so that user can change the break point easily πŸ™‚

Thomas

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Hopefully we will see it implemented soon. πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah this is a bit complicated and require some serious testing πŸ™‚

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Mieke

I have the same question too. I want to have a normal nav menu on tablets. So, you make me happy if it will be implemented soon. πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s still in the plan.

But for now that CSS solution above should work and just some copying and pasting πŸ™‚

Mieke

Hi Leo,
    But….
    “In the CSS, simply change 768px to whatever value you like. It’s important to make it higher than 768px, as going lower won’t work.”

I want to use it lower, for ipad portrait. πŸ˜•

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah that’s not currently possible unfortunately πŸ™

Stay tuned πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.