Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Resolved] Empty space after wp-footer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Empty space after wp-footer

Home Forums Support Empty space after wp-footer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    anabella

Hello guys,

I want to use an elementor section as a footer. I copied the template shortcode and put it on GP Hooks > wp-footer, but now I get an empty space after the footer.

BTW I´m using this CSS, not sure if it affects anything…
    .site-header,
    #mobile-header,
    #secondary-navigation,
    .generate-page-header,
    .page-header-image,
    .page-header-image-single,
    .entry-header,
    .site-footer
    {
    display: none;
    }

Thanks

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Has this been resolved?

I’m not seeing a space under the footer.

I would also recommend the after footer content instead of wp_footer.

anabella

Hello Leo,

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried inserting the shortcode in the after footer content instead of wp-footer, but when I do so my footer just disappears.
    Maybe it has something to do with the CSS that I mentioned on my first message?

Also I realized that the reason why I was having a white space after my footer was because I didn´t have a lot of content of that specific page, so the footer was adapting to the content instead of staying at the very bottom. i fixed it by adding some padding to the content, but I know this isn´t the right solution.

Any ideas?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup the footer is hidden with this part of CSS:

.site-footer {
       display: none;
    }

You can always test it out by removing CSS 🙂

anabella

Hi Leo, I´m ok with the footer being hidden. I´m using an Elementor section as a footer, so that´s fine. But now how do I assign an elementor template as a footer while making sure that it stays on the bottom instead of adapting to the content?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not quite sure what you mean. As far as I can tell you are currently using Elementor Canvas which strips all of GP’s element so that GP actually doesn’t have any control over your layout right now.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

anabella

Hello Leo. I´m not using Elementos Canvas, I´m using GP template. Please check this to see what I mean when I mention the empty space below the hook: https://www.mcasensio.es/test/ > it´s just a 404 error page, but there it´s clear.
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is a big space in the 404 page because there isn’t enough content to fill the page:
    2018-03-19_0836.png

but there isn’t a space in the original page you linked as there is enough content:
    2018-03-19_0837.png

anabella

Hello Leo,

I know, but I thought the footer should be always at the bottom by default.
    Anyway, I was having this same issue with the contact page, but I´ll just add padding to the content so that the footer goes down.
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.