[Resolved] Embed code in the header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Embed code in the header

Home Forums Support Embed code in the header

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can confirm that those other scripts are now gone. So ALL ok.

Christiano

Thank you very much David! ☺️

Is there something else that I can do to speed up my site? My score is still very bad on First Contentful Paint, Largest Contentful Paint and Time to Interactive… 😞

THANKS! πŸ€—

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you testing the staging site ?
    If so – you may find that its performance is lower as some Hosts will downgrade the staging sites server performance.
    Might be worth checking with them first.

Christiano

I asked to my host and they said that the speed is the same so I could run all my tests with no worries…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so there are some improvements that can be made.
    The one i highly recommend is to serve your google fonts locally:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

By loading them locally you will remove any request to the Google Server which makes a big difference.

Aside from that, more optimizations could be made using a Cache/Optimization plugins. But i would focus first on fonts, and then ask your host about the following:

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/221017_BiDcS2_BMJ/1/details/#waterfall_view_step1

Look at the first request on the Waterfall report, if you click on it, it will show you more details of which you see:

DNS Lookup: 406 ms
    Initial Connection: 503 ms
    SSL Negotiation: 1142 ms

So thats 2 seconds for the the DNS lookup to complete, and then the server to make the connection and negoitiate the SSL.
    Its not bad, but it could be quicker.

Christiano

SMART! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

I’m definitely going to follow your steps but I have a question before starting.

In custom->typography there are only two fonts displayed (Frank Ruhl Libre and Inter). They are the default fonts of Scribe Theme I suppose…

Is there a way to be sure that my site uses only this two fonts? I’m not sure, perhaps I may have chosen a different font somewhere…

THANKS! πŸ€—

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In that WebPageTest report, scroll down to see all the Request Headers.
    There are 3 x requests: 25, 26, 27 that are being made to the fonts.gstatic domain which list the 3 font files being loaded.

1 request i for the Inter font.
    2 requests for the Frank Ruhl Libre font variants.

So thats it, no other google fonts are being loaded.

Christiano

Hi David, I have started all the process but I received an error message uploading .ttf files.

How can I do? Do I need to contact my host in order to upload the font files?

THANKS! πŸ€—

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Christiano,

You can try to temporarily add define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true); in your wp-config.php file through FTP. You’re hosting provider can probably assist you with this.

You should be able to upload .ttf files with this.

Christiano

Hi Fernando, I have just chatted with my web host support and they said that if I’ll use FTP I could do all the work without any problem.

They have sent me a FileZilla FTP client tutorial so I am going to try. πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼🀞🏼

Anyway, where do I need to upload those files??? I mean in wich folder?

THANKS! πŸ€—

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. All uploaded files should be in /wp-content/uploads.

The wp-config.php file on the other hand can be found in the root folder. πŸ™‚

Christiano

OK, thanks a lot! πŸ€—

I’ll try it before closing the topic. See you later… 🀞🏼

Fernando
    Customer Support

Alright! Hope it goes well. πŸ™‚

Christiano

I done the work but I want to be sure so I need to have some clarifications. And, anyway, I experienced some issues…

– First of all, as I do not have the file displayed in the media section, I copied the URL via FTP and modified accordingly (please look at my url in the private infos). I noticed that Leo used a http: URL, I decided to use an https: one.

– I noticed also that there are also image files… is it normal?

– Besides as I’m working on a stage site, when I will make it the default site all will be working fine?

– I was using standard Scribe fonts and I uploaded that 2 font. But my website font changed, they are not the same as before. Why?

– Could you check to see if I correctly hosted the font? If I make the correct procedure I could fix the point before this.

THANKS A LOT! πŸ€—

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have a Child Theme installed on the site ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.