[Resolved] Eliminating Elementor

Home Forums Support Eliminating Elementor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Coen

Heya guys,

Just a thought:

I’m using GPP and Elementor for a few years on our main site. No problem there. But looking to the future I see that you are evolving Blocks to be some sort of a thing that I was looking for in the first place before (and subsequently turned to Elementor).

Anyway, from a practical point of view. I would like to know this:

When I have a page made with Elementor, then recreate / revamp / simplify that page with your Blocks plugin. Is there a simpel way for me to somehow copy and paste it back into the original page and thus keeping the shares and comments on that page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

hmmm … i suppose you could first create a new draft post for your Block content.
    In the editor Kebab menu – 3 dots top right hand corner you’re provided the option to copy the whole page.

Then in theory you should be able to edit your elementor post using the block editor ( this will remove all the elementor styling ), delete the element content and then paste in your new block post.

I would recommend you backup and test this on a draft post or better still a staging site …. just in case.

Coen

Yeah, I can also just clone that page and see if I can copy in the newly created page…

Thanks you have given me just that little other view on the problem that I needed…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.