[Support request] Elements permissions issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements permissions issue

Home Forums Support Elements permissions issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jatinder

Hi, I keep getting this message when I try to edit an element – There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I then put wp into recovery mode and got

There has been a critical error on your website, putting it in recovery mode. Please check the Themes and Plugins screens for more details. If you just installed or updated a theme or plugin, check the relevant page for that first.

access logs show

[Sat Aug 08 10:11:39 2020] [error] [client 5.70.15.14:0] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function generate_get_option() in /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-metabox.php:201\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): GeneratePress_Elements_Metabox->scripts(‘post.php’)\n#1 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)\n#2 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#3 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(104): do_action(‘admin_enqueue_s…’, ‘post.php’)\n#4 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(419): require_once(‘/home/sites/1a/…’)\n#5 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(206): require(‘/home/sites/1a/…’)\n#6 {main}\n

I have no idea what this means

I get the message when I try to get into elements and edit elements

the only main thing I updated was the domain name from one to another

but now I’m getting this issue above

any ideas?

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try rebuilding the permalinks.
    Go to Settings > Permalinks and hit Save a couple of times.

If the issue persists can you disable all plugins aside from GP Premium and try again.

Let me know.

Jatinder

hi, unfortunately, that didn’t work

I switched off the plugins, save the Permalinks a few times , tried a few different combinations but still same issue but says

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

but nothing useful on the email

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 201 of the file /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-metabox.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function generate_get_option() in /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-metabox.php:201
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): GeneratePress_Elements_Metabox->scripts(‘post.php’)
    #1 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(102): do_action(‘admin_enqueue_s…’, ‘post.php’)
    #4 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(423): require_once(‘/home/sites/1a/…’)
    #5 /home/sites/1a/e/e8efe66512/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(206): require(‘/home/sites/1a/…’)
    #6 {main}
    thrown

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What version of GeneratePress (the theme) are you running?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.