[Support request] Elements Page Hero – Site Header Options not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements Page Hero – Site Header Options not working

Home Forums Support Elements Page Hero – Site Header Options not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hi Guys,

at first, happy new year.

I like to merge the header with the page hero, that works fine. But now I like to disable the navigation too. The options under elements do not do anything. Changes some options under “Navigation Locations” with no luck. Do you have any fix to me?

Thanks and best regards
    Patrick

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in your Header Element –> Site Header tab you can set the Navigtion Location to No Navigation. If thats now working then can you share a link to the site where i can see the issue.

Patrick

Hi David,

Thats what I’ve done with no luck. Attached some credentials to check the problem.
    Thanks for your help.

The page ist the frontpage (home) where the navigation should be hide until the user scrolls down. With up scrolling the navigation should be shown, until he is on top, then the navigation should be invisiable again.

No option within the “Site-Header” -> “Navigation Options” work at the moment.

Best regards
    Patrick

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your site says you’re currently editing the Header Element – can you let me know when its ok to edit the element so i can see whats going on ?

Patrick

Oh Sorry David, I’m out now. You can check this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats odd – never seen that before – not sure if its a bug…. i will do some testing.
    In the meantime, if you go to Customizer > Layout > Header and uncheck the Navigation as Header – does that remove the nav ?

Patrick

Hi David, yes this remove the nav completely.
    If you need to check somthing, feel free to deactivate such options by yourself if this helps you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you just wanting to remove the Navgiation and leave the logo ?
    If so then you need to set the Customizer > Layout > Primary Nav –> Location to Float right. Then the menu will be removed but the logo will remain with that Header Element settings.

Patrick

Hi David,

the navigation is set to float/align -> right. but the navigation is shown.

what i want is: I like to have on the frontpage a hero image -> full page with no navigation or logo is shown. the navigation should only be shown if the user scroll the page down an then scoll up until the page is on top again. then the navigation should be invisible again.

Alternativ, i like to have the navigation under the page hero, but both options not working at the moment.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you set the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation –> Location to below header. Then you can add this PHP Snippet to move the primary nav below the hero:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','craig_move_navigation' );
    function craig_move_navigation() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 5 );
        add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 15 );
    }

Adding PHP:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.