[Support request] Elements not working with wordpress 5.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] Elements not working with wordpress 5.5

Home Forums Support Elements not working with wordpress 5.5

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    pistolitas

Elements not working with wordpress 5.5

Wordpress 5.5 update sucks

In Elements:

Settings tab disappeared.

pistolitas
    pistolitas

From this

to this

Where is the settings tab ?¿

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not able to replicate this in WP 5.5.
    Can you first try disabling other plugins to see if there is a conflict?

Let me know.

pistolitas

Hi,

I disabled all plugins and still happens, but I tried on another web and everything was alright (WordPress 5.5 and GeneratePress 1.11.1). It’s a weird issue. I will investigate It.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you add a new test hook, save it and reload the page?

Longinos

Hi David
    Same issue here. If I create a new block element, type site header, I can´t have any customization options other than the image @pistolitas have posted.
    But the old site header element still here as usual, no changes.
    Primary navigation changes their display position.

pistolitas

I tried it on a new domain, wordpress 5.5 and Generatepress (no other plugin) and still had the same problem with Firefox.

So I tried logging in with Chrome
    I realized that it only happened with Firefox, so I deleted the temporary files, logged back in and the problem disappeared.

So, it looks like it’s a browser cache problem.

Anyway, the new version of the visual wordpress editor is a shame.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Browser caching on major updates can be a problem, especially as the editor relies more and more on the browsers local store.

Thanks for the feedback

Longinos

I still having the issue, even in a cleared browser, when is a element -> block -> site header, I only get settings on where to show the element, exceptions and for what users, and in other menu option, internal notes. I have tried to disable all plugins but gp plugin, and the issue is here.
    The old site header element show normal.

https://ibb.co/YLxYGDs

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Longinos – those are the only Options for the Block -> Site Header.
    This option is to replace the themes site header ie. where the Logo / Site title would normally display.

If you want to use Block Element to create a header element then you would use Block -> Hook _> After Header.

If you want to merge it with the Site Header you would create a separate Header Element without any content and just set it to Merge with Content.

pistolitas

Longinos delete all temporal files in your browser. Try to log in with another browser even.

Notice than you and i have wordpress in spanish, so maybe is a problem with non english versions of the new wordpress release.

Uncheck the Gutenberg’s “tool topbar” when editing a post, maybe It won’t appear in the elements section.

Longinos

Ah! Ok, I cacht it now. I´m thinking is a sustitute for the header element. Thanks for you explanation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    Block Elements and GenerateBlocks will get an update soon – and this will allow you to create dynamic headers like you can with the Header Element 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.