[Resolved] CRITICAL: Elements locations: possible bug?

Home Forums Support CRITICAL: Elements locations: possible bug?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fabiosilva

Hi,

Since today, I’m having trouble saving GP elements locations.

For example, I desire put some page exclusions, but when I click to save…The result is not as intended.

Will it be related to the WP update?

Please, because of this, I have my whole project compromised. πŸ™

EDIT: Please, check bug demo video link on website URL.

Tested on Chrome and Firefox (cleaned cookies). Problem keeps!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I just tried pretty hard to replicate the error using the latest WordPress version but unable to do so.

Any chance you can try disabling all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate any plugin conflicts first?

Let me know πŸ™‚

fabiosilva

Done, but not solve directly my problem.
    However, I managed to solve only one way: create a new header element (duplicating all configurations manually on a new element) and start now, apparently, works fine.

I’ve tried modify another element, but it seems that just happened only to this one.

Anyway, maybe it’s important for you to investigate what might cause these little problems. πŸ™ I can help you with all the information you need.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Very strange indeed.

Let us know if it happens again πŸ™‚

fabiosilva

Hi,

Please,
    the possible existence of a bug here (GP locations):
    https://i.ibb.co/7JX3kg1/Capturar.jpg

I CAN’T edit locations! The loader not disappear, and unique solution is create new!

Thank you.

fabiosilva

If a add several locations, the plugin “crash’s” on save, or on load. Is very slo and, mor critical, create a temporary 502 Bad Gateway error.

This issue has happened to me in the past. And I’m sure it’s a problem with the plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How many pages/posts are on your site?

When you say “several locations”, how many are you meaning?

fabiosilva

For example,

If I create an element to show only in one or two specific pages, all ok! But if I choose more locations (more than 10, for example), the plugin crashes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does this happen if you try it on a different server? I wonder if it’s something specific to the server you’re trying it on.

fabiosilva

I use a credible shared hosting. Never had problems with this provider.
    If GP has a minimum requirements, please, feel free to describe them and I will contact my hosting provider to check this.

About this problem, I think is a Ajax problem on load element locations. If there are too many locations, the plugin crashes and do not load.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure what the minimum requirements here would be as the issue hasn’t been reported before. I’m trying it on my localhost without any issues. We have had an issue reported where the list won’t load, which was caused by there being hundreds of pages to list – working on a fix for that.

It would help me debug if you were able to give it another shot on another server – that way we can narrow it down to server-related or code-related. Either way, we’ll figure out what’s going on πŸ™‚

fabiosilva

Hi, Tom.

Thank you for your help.

We have had an issue reported where the list won’t load, which was caused by there being hundreds of pages to list – working on a fix for that.

So, I think You have already identified the issue. I’m glad to hear you are already working on it. πŸ™‚

Unfortunately, I can’t test on another server. But if it helps you, I can provide login of my wordpress installation.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Login details would definitely help if possible, you can send them here: https://generatepress.com/contact

Just be sure to mention this topic.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.