[Resolved] elements’ display rules issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] elements’ display rules issue

Home Forums Support elements’ display rules issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carlo

Hi there,

I am encountering some issues with display rules in elements.

I have some header and hook elements.

Let’s say I have an element I want to display in 4 specific pages.
    – In its display rules tab I set all the 4 pages (a row for each page -> name of the page)
    – update
    – go and check the display rules (still in the element editor) and it often happens that the last rule (the last row) has the name of the page “blank” (page -> no name, just white)
    If I leave that page and go back to the page with the list of my elements, I can see that the rule is ok.
    If I go back to that element editor, same problem.

As a consequence, sometimes everything is still ok (even with the issue just described), but sometimes the rules are broken and the header is not working in the desired pages.

The same can happen with the exclusion rules.

Are you already aware of this or am I the only one experiencing it?

Thank you best wishes. Carlo

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try rebuilding your permalinks… go to Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes to do that.

If the issue persists, can you right click > inspect the display rules screen and see if there are any red errors in the developers Console

Carlo

Hi David,
    sorry for the late reply.
    The issue is not solved even after rebuilding permalinks.

There is a red error in the developers console:
    XHR POST https://mydomain/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    503 Service Unavailable.

Actually the issue it’s getting more annoying with the increasing of the number of elements to manage since anytime I need to edit and element or add it to a page/post I have to set again part of the rules of it.

I have created a user on the staging website to let you directly check. Please see the private information.

Thank you. Carlo

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This issue can happen when a server doesn’t like multiple AJAX calls at once.

When you load the editor, there are a series of AJAX calls to get the correct values based on your saved options. Most servers allow those AJAX calls with no issues, but some servers will limit them and produce a 503 error.

We’re working on implementing a different method to prevent this from happening on those servers, however, it likely won’t make its way into this upcoming update.

You can ask your server if it’s possible to allow these requests/prevent the 503 error.

Carlo

Hi there,
    I asked our server to allow more requests and now it’s working.
    Our provider suggests to keep it lower, to its default values, due to hardening purpose.
    I am fan of your works and have multiple websites with gp premium + gb pro. So I hope that everything is as smooth as possibile ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’ll be waiting for the different method you are working on to set the servers back to default values.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ll definitely address this ASAP. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.